NOMINATIONS TO ROSTELECOM BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Moscow, Russia - March 9, 2017 - Rostelecom PJSC (MOEX: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY) ('the Company'), Russia's national telecommunications operator, today announces that Rostelecom's Board of Directors has approved the nominations to its Board of Directors. Each member will be elected at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders ('AGM'). The list of nominations for the AGM includes the following candidates:
1. Aganbegyan Ruben;
2. Auzan Alexander;
3. Dmitriev Kirill;
4. Zlatopolskiy Anton;
5. Ivanov Sergei;
6. Kalugin Sergei;
7. Oseevskiy Mikhail;
8. Poluboyarinov Mikhail;
9. Pchelintzev Alexander;
10. Semenov Vadim;
11. Fedorov Oleg;
12. Yakovitskiy Alexei;
Rostelecom's Charter stipulates that the Company's Board of Directors should consist of 11 members.
The Board of Directors of Rostelecom also approved a list of nominees to the Company's Audit Commission to be elected at the AGM. It comprises the following candidates:
1. Veremyanina Valentina;
2. Dmitriev Andrei;
3. Karpon Ilya;
4. Krasnov Mikhail;
5. Musienko Oleg;
6. Ponkin Alexander;
7. Shevchouk Alexander.
Rostelecom's Charter stipulates that the Company's Audit Commission should consist of 7 Members.
For more information please visit http://www.rostelecom.ru/en/ir or contact:
Investor Relations Department
Tel. +7 (499) 995 97 80
* * *
Rostelecom (www.rostelecom.ru) is one of the largest national telecommunications operators in Russia and Europe. The Group operates in all segments of the telecommunications market and covers millions of households in Russia.
Rostelecom is an undisputable leader of the broadband and pay-TV markets in Russia with over 12.3 million fixed-line broadband subscribers and over 9.3 million pay-TV subscribers, over 4.2 million of which are subscribed to Rostelecom's IPTV services.
The Group generated RUB 297.4 billion of consolidated revenues, RUB 96.8 billion of OIBDA (32.5% of revenue) and RUB 12.2 billion of net income in 2016.
The Group is a market leader in providing telecommunications services to government bodies and corporates of all levels. It is also an important innovator that provides solutions in the field of medicine, E-Government, cloud computing, education, security and housing & utility services.
Stable financial position of Rostelecom is confirmed by international credit ratings by Fitch Ratings at 'BBB-' and Standard & Poor's and 'BB+' respectively.
* * *
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. federal securities laws and are intended to be covered by the safe harbors created thereby.
Those forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- Management's assessment of the Company's future operating and financial results as well as forecasts of the present value of future cash flows and related factors;
- the Company's anticipated capital expenditures and plans to construct and modernize its network;
- the Company's expectations as to the growth in demand for its services, plans relating to the expansion of the range of its services and their pricing;
- the Company's plans with respect to improving its corporate governance practices;
- the Company's expectations as to its position in the telecommunications market and the development of the market segments within which the Company operates;
- economic outlook and industry trends;
- the Company's expectations as to the regulation of the Russian telecommunications industry and assessment of impact of regulatory initiatives on the Company's activity;
- other statements regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors include:
- risks relating to changes in political, economic and social conditions in Russia as well as changes in global economic conditions;
- risks relating to Russian legislation, regulation and taxation, including laws, regulations, decrees and decisions governing the Russian telecommunications industry, securities industry as well as currency and exchange controls relating to Russian entities and their official interpretation by regulatory bodies;
- risks relating to the Company, including the achievement of the anticipated results, levels of profitability and growth, ability to create and meet demand for the Company's services including their promotions, and the ability of the Company to remain competitive in a liberalized telecommunications market;
- technological risks associated with the functioning and development of the telecommunications infrastructure, technological innovations as well as the convergence of technologies;
- other risks and uncertainties. For a more detailed discussion of these and other factors, see the Company's Annual Report and the Company's other public filings.
Many of these factors are beyond the Company's ability to control or predict. Given these and other uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of the forward-looking statements contained herein or otherwise. The Company does not undertake any obligation to release publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements (which are made as of the date hereof) to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as may be required under applicable laws.
The EquityStory.RS, LLC Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Archive at www.dgap.de/ukreg