LifeWatch puplishes results of Extraordinary General Meeting
Zug/Switzerland, July 21, 2017 - LifeWatch AG (SIX Swiss Exchange: LIFE), a leading developer and provider of medical solutions and remote diagnostic monitoring services in the digital health market, publishes the results of today's Extraordinary General Meeting. 6 shareholders attended the meeting in Zurich and approximately 17,884,125 votes or 96.79% of the share capital were represented. The outcome of the motions is summarized below:
- Discharge for their activities in the fiscal year 2017 up to now was granted to Dr. Robert Bider, Raymond W. Cohen, Thomas Rühle, Patrick Schildknecht, Markus Breitenmoser, Dr. Stephan Rietiker, Dr. Christoph Heinzen, Stephanie Kravetz and Andrew Moore.
- Elections to the Board of Directors for a term starting July 21, 2017 until the next Ordinary Annual General Meeting 2018. Following the resignation of the previous Board of Directors and in accordance with the Boards' recommendation
- Joseph Capper (President and Chief Executive Officer of BioTelemetry, Inc.), Kirk Gorman (Chairman of the Board of BioTelemetry, Inc.) and Dr. Stephan Rietiker (Chief Executive Officer of LifeWatch AG) were newly elected as a member of the Board and
- Kirk Gorman was elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- As recommended, Joseph Capper and Kirk Gorman were elected as members of the Compensation Committee.
- The Extraordinary General Meeting newly elected Ernst & Young AG, Zurich as statutory auditors for the remainder of the financial year 2017.
- The Extraordinary General Meeting approved the proposed amendments to the Articles of Incorporation on the introduction of Article 3bis (conditional capital).
For further questions:
LifeWatch AG, Andrew Moore, CFO
c/o Communicators AG , Ralph Spillmann
Mobile: +41 79 514 64 84
About LifeWatch AG
LifeWatch AG, headquartered in Zug and listed on SIX Swiss Exchange (LIFE), Switzerland, is a leading healthcare technology and solution company, specializing in advanced digital health systems and wireless remote diagnostic patient monitoring services. LifeWatch's services provide physicians with critical information to determine appropriate treatment and thereby improve patient outcomes. LifeWatch AG has operative subsidiaries in the United States, in Switzerland, Israel and Turkey, and is the parent company of LifeWatch Services Inc., LifeWatch Technologies, Ltd. and LifeWatch Turkey Holding AG (joint venture). LifeWatch Services, Inc. is a leading U.S.-based provider of cardiac monitoring services. LifeWatch Technologies Ltd., based in Israel, is a leading manufacturer of digital health products. LifeWatch Sağlık Hizmetlerine A.S. is the operative Turkish subsidiary of LifeWatch Turkey Holding AG and provider of mobile cardiac telemetry services in Turkey. For additional information, please visit www.lifewatch.com.
Sign up for customized e-mail alerts and documentation requests at
This press release includes forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this press release, including statements regarding future results of operations and financial position, the business strategy, and plans and objectives for future operations, are forward-looking statements. The words "believe," "may," "will," "estimate," "continue," "anticipate," "intend," "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. LifeWatch AG has based these forward-looking statements largely on current expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that it believes may affect the financial condition, results of operations, business strategy, short-term and long-term business operations and objectives, and financial needs. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events and circumstances described may not occur and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are based only on data available to LifeWatch AG at the time of the issue of this press release. LifeWatch AG does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this press release as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
THIS PRESS RELEASE IS NOT BEING ISSUED IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND MUST NOT BE DISTRIBUTED TO UNITED STATES PERSONS OR PUBLICATIONS WITH A GENERAL CIRCULATION IN THE UNITED STATES. THIS PRESS RELEASE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER OF SECURITIES OF LIFEWATCH AG OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES FOR SALE IN THE UNITED STATES, OR AN INVITATION TO SUBSCRIBE FOR OR PURCHASE ANY SECURITIES OF LIFEWATCH AG OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES IN THE UNITED STATES. IN ADDITION, THE SECURITIES OF LIFEWATCH AG AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE UNITED STATES SECURITIES LAWS AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD OR DELIVERED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OR TO U.S. PERSONS ABSENT FROM REGISTRATION UNDER OR AN APPLICABLE EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNITED STATES SECURITIES LAWS.