Stock Exchange release
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc: Annual Report 2019
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc's Annual Report, Corporate Governance Report and Alternative performance measures have been published. The documents are attached to this release and they are available on the Internet at https://www.nordea.com/en/investor-relations/reports-and-presentations/subsidiary-reports/finnish-subsidiary-reports/. Only information having material influence on the value of securities is included in this press release.
The Annual Report now published covers the operations of Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc in Finland. Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc is a subsidiary wholly owned by Nordea Bank Abp. The financial statements of Nordea Bank Abp comprise the operations of the Nordea Group as a whole and gives the best overview of the Group.
Summary of the year 2019:
- The operating profit of Nordea Mortgage Bank amounted to EUR 154.8m
- Net interest income totalled EUR 219.7m
- Total operating income was EUR 212.8m
- Total operating expenses were EUR -68.3m, increase mainly explained by additional service fees related to the purchase of EUR 2,229.5m loan portfolio in June 2019
- Net loan losses totalled EUR +10.3m, due to allowance reversals triggered by the change of parameters of statistical models for loan loss provisions. Realised loan losses were EUR -0.4m
- Loans to the public increased 16% compared to year-end 2018 and amounted to EUR 26,719.9m, increase mainly driven by the purchase of EUR 2,229.5m loan portfolio
- Debt securities in issue decreased 4% and amounted to EUR 16,117.7m
- The size of the cover pool increased 11% compared to year-end 2018 and amounted to EUR 21,943.2m, mainly as a result of the purchase of EUR 2,229.5m loan portfolio
|Summary of the key figures
|Net interest income, EURm
|Total operating income, EURm
|Total operating expenses, EURm
|Profit before loan losses, EURm
|Net loan losses, EURm
|Operating profit, EURm
|Loan loss ratio, annualised, bps
|Return on equity, %
|Tier 1 capital ratio, %
|Total capital ratio, %
|Number of employees (full time equivalents)
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc's semi-annual report will be published 17 July 2020.
Helsinki, 27 February 2020
Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc
Board of Directors
Jussi Pajala, Chief Executive Officer + 358 40 545 3859
Vesa Ruokokoski, Chief Financial Officer + 358 50 364 3251
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit www.rns.com.