Election of the Chairman of the Board and other organizational matters
Moscow, Russian Federation (26 June 2020) - Public Joint Stock Company "MegaFon", a pan-Russian operator of digital opportunities ("MegaFon" or the "Company"), announces that the Company's Board of Directors, at a meeting held by absentee voting on 25 June 2020, took the following actions:
- To elect Mr. Vladimir Streshinsky as the Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors.
- To appoint Ms. Daria Lizunova as the Company's Corporate Secretary.
- To re-constitute the following committees of the Company's Board of Directors:
- Audit Committee;
- Finance and Strategy Committee;
- Remuneration and Nominations Committee.
- To elect Mr. Johan Dennelind as Chairman, Mr. Maxim Anipkin and Mr. Emin Antonyan as members of the Audit Committee.
- To elect Mr. Anton Cherepennikov as Chairman, Mr. Evgeny Bystrykh and Mr. Khachatur Pombukhchyan as members of the Finance and Strategy Committee.
- To elect Mr. Vladimir Streshinsky as Chairman, Mr. Evgeny Bystrykh and Mr. Anton Cherepennikov as members of the Remuneration and Nominations Committee.
For more information:
Media: Tel: + 7 925 696 0507 [email protected]
Investors: Tel: +7 495 926 2012 [email protected]
Notes to Editors
MegaFon PJSC is a pan-Russian operator of digital opportunities, operating in all segments of the telecommunications markets in Russia, and in the Republics of Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Tajikistan. MegaFon is a recognised market leader in the provision of mobile data services, was the first operator in Russia to launch commercial operation of a third generation (3G) network and was the first operator in the world to launch commercial operation of an LTE Advanced (4G) data network. Additional information about MegaFon and the products and services provided by MegaFon can be found at: http://www.megafon.ru.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Some of the information in this document may contain or refer to projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. You can identify forward looking statements by terms such as "expect", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate", "forecast", "intend", "will", "could", "may", or "might" the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. The Company wishes to caution you that these statements are only predictions, and are based upon various assumptions which are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control. We may not achieve or accomplish these plans or predictions. The Company does not necessarily intend to update these statements to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Many factors could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in projections or forward-looking statements of the Company, including, among others, general economic conditions, the competitive environment, risks associated with operating in Russia, rapid technological and market change in the industries in which the Company operates, as well as many other risks specifically related to the Company and its business and operations.