Rostelecom's shareholders approve 2019 dividends and the new Board of Directors
Moscow, Russia - August 10, 2020 - Rostelecom PJSC (MOEX: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), the largest integrated digital service provider in Russia, today announces the results of its Annual General Meeting (AGM), held on 7 August 2020.
The AGM approved Rostelecom's Annual Report and its financial statements for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019.
Based on Rostelecom's 2019 results, the AGM approved that the Company's dividend will amount to RUB 17.5 billion (77% of the FCF for FY 2019), to be paid in cash, including:
- RUB 5 per Class A preferred share;
- RUB 5 per ordinary share.
The shareholders approved 21 August 2020 as the record date for receiving dividends for 2019.
The list of nominations to the Board of Directors includes the following candidates:
- Kirill Dmitriev;
- Anton Zlatopolsky;
- Sergei Ivanov;
- Alexei Ivanchenko;
- Andrei Kostin;
- Mikhail Oseevskiy;
- Vadim Semenov;
- Anton Ustinov;
- Dmitry Chernyshenko;
- Elena Shmeleva;
- Alexei Yakovizkiy.
The list of nominations to the Audit Committee includes the following candidates:
- Igor Belikov;
- Pavel Buchnev;
- Valentina Veremyanina;
- Anton Dmitriev;
- Andrei Kantzurov;
- Mikhail Krasnov;
- Anna Chizhikova.
Additionally, shareholders have approved annual compensation to the members of the Company's Board of Directors and the Audit Committee, have chosen Ernst & Young LLC as Rostelecom's auditor, have approved allocation of undistributed profit for the past years and distribution of losses for the reporting period, and have reviewed Rostelecom's new Charter and approved the updated version thereof.
* * *
Rostelecom is the largest integrated digital services and products provider, operating in all segments of the telecommunications market in Russia. The Company serves millions of households, state and private enterprises across the country.
Rostelecom is Russia's undisputed market leader, providing high-speed Internet access and pay-TV. The total number of broadband users stands at over 13.4 mln users, it has more than 10.7 mln pay-TV customers, over 5.8 mln of which are subscribed to Rostelecom's IPTV services. Tele2 Russia, a Rostelecom subsidiary, is a major player in the mobile market with over 44 mln subscribers and the industry-leading NPS, a customer satisfaction benchmark.
During the first six months of 2020, the Group generated RUB 248.9 bln of revenues, RUB 95.9 bln of OIBDA (38.5% of revenue) and RUB 15.4 bln of net income.
The Group is the leading provider of telecommunications services to government bodies and corporates of all levels.
Rostelecom is a key strategic innovator that provides solutions in the following fields: E-Government, cybersecurity, data-centers and cloud computing, biometry, healthcare, education and housing & utility services.
The Group's stable financial position is confirmed by its credit ratings. Rostelecom has been assigned 'BBB-' and 'BB+' international credit ratings by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's respectively, and AA(RU) by ACRA.
* * *
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. federal securities laws and intended to be covered by the safe harbours created thereby.
Those forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment of PAO Rostelecom's (the Company) future operating and financial results as well as forecasts of the present value of future cash flows and related factors;
- The Company's plans to take ownership stakes in other organisations;
- the Company's anticipated capital expenditures and plans to construct and modernize its network;
- the Company's expectations as to the growth in demand for its services, plans relating to the expansion of the range of its services and their pricing;
- the Company's plans with respect to improving its corporate governance practices;
- the Company's expectations as to its position in the telecommunications market and forecasts on the development of the market segments within which the Company operates;
- economic outlook and industry trends;
- the Company's expectations as to the regulation of the Russian telecommunications industry and assessment of impact of regulatory initiatives on the Company's activity;
- other statements regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors include:
- risks relating to changes in political, economic and social conditions in Russia as well as changes in global economic conditions;
- risks relating to Russian legislation, regulation and taxation, including laws, regulations, decrees and decisions governing the Russian telecommunications industry, securities industry as well as currency and exchange controls relating to Russian entities and their official interpretation by regulatory bodies;
- risks relating to the Company, including the achievement of the anticipated results, levels of profitability and growth, ability to create and meet demand for the Company's services including their promotions, and the ability of the Company to remain competitive in a liberalized telecommunications market;
- technological risks associated with the functioning and development of the telecommunications infrastructure, technological innovations as well as the convergence of technologies;
- other risks and uncertainties. For a more detailed discussion of these and other factors, see the Company's Annual Report and the Company's other public filings.
Many of these factors are beyond the Company's ability to control or predict. Given these and other uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of the forward-looking statements contained herein or otherwise. The Company does not undertake any obligation to release publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements (which are made as of the date hereof) to reflect events or circumstances upon the annual report publication or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as may be required under applicable laws.