AMEREUS GROUP INCREASES ITS STAKE IN EVRAZ PLC TO 3%*
Singapore, 26 July 2021 - Amereus Group, a private equity company that focuses on innovation leaders globally, announces that it (collectively with its affiliates) has increased its stake in EVRAZ plc (LON: EVR) to 3%. EVRAZ is a vertically integrated steel, mining and vanadium business and is among Amereus Group's investments in line with its ESG-driven vision and portfolio strategy. The value of the stake is undisclosed.
- A leading world steel producer with top-class asset base and strong corporate governance, EVRAZ also supplies its customers with a portfolio of infrastructure steel products, including such rare element as vanadium and a broad range of vanadium-based chemicals and oxides that constitute a significant portion of its business. EVRAZ has a unique access to vanadium resources which are contained in the mining ore and constitute ca. 25% of the target market. Amereus Group believes that these resources are not priced-in yet in the company's value, therefore creating a potential for its further increase on the back of the ever-growing demand.
- Vanadium is crucial for the production of structural steels and plays a critical role in the acceleration of energy transition and advancement of vanadium-flow battery technology, used in energy storage applications for renewable and conventional energy**. Amereus Group believes in huge market perspectives of alternative energy storage solutions, thus investing in a business contributing to the sustainable future.
- EVRAZ sticks to the highest ESG standards which is one of the key investment criteria for Amereus Group. The Group intends to broaden its assets portfolio in line with the world's best practices.
Amereus Group said: "Vanadium represents a strategic component of the global transition to green sources of energy, and we believe that increasing our investment in EVRAZ is a logical step and a fully sustainable opportunity. EVRAZ has long established its dominant market position as vanadium producer, and we see high-growth potential for this element among other EVRAZ generated products, driving further value for shareholders. This investment also helps cement the need for environmental, social and governance principles adoption both with investors and businesses alike internationally."
Amereus Group has previously invested in companies across a wide array of sectors, giving preference to innovative businesses targeting large markets internationally and meeting high ESG standards. The Group has an investment track record in the U.S., EU, UK, APAC with a focus on Russia among the emerging universe of countries.
* The reference to the 3% stake includes EVRAZ shares owned by Amereus Group and its affiliates.
* *Source - The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
About AMEREUS GROUP PTE. LTD.
Amereus Group is a private investment group with a focus on innovation leaders and tech venture companies. Its investment portfolio in Russia includes such projects as leading source-to-pay platform RTS-Holding, digital logistics service Deliver and online factoring platform Getfinance. The fund is in an active investment phase.
EVRAZ is a vertically integrated steel, mining and vanadium business with operations in the Russian Federation, the USA, Canada, the Czech Republic and Kazakhstan. EVRAZ is among the top steel producers in the world. A significant portion of the Сompany's internal consumption of iron ore and coking coal is covered by its mining operations. The Group is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
For more information please contact:
Mobile (Rus): +7 (916) 805-4926